Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa
Field of Interest
Arts & culture
ARTS & HUMANITIES COUNCIL OF TULSA
JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & CEO
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
SALARY: COMMENSURATE WITH SKILSS AND EXPERIENCE
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The Development Director provides administrative and strategic oversight for comprehensive fundraising campaign that integrates capital, annual, endowment and planned giving campaigns. A Long-Range Master Agency Development Plan is designed as a tool to meet this goal. Design is based on research and documentation of local and national funding resources. First-class service to donors is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead agency development functions
- Establish and implement Long-Range Master Agency Development Plan
- Develop and execute a strategy for a sustained base of annual support that formalizes Planned Giving and Endowment programs
- Create Fundraising Policy
- Prepare and implement annual fundraising activities to meet agency program and operating expenses
- Budget agency fundraising goals
- Secure financial support from foundations, corporations and individuals to meet set goals
- Develop and author agency grant proposals and related activities
- Generate agency special event sponsorship incentives
- Create and implement annual gift campaign
- Lead board and staff in fundraising activities
- Track proposals and produce accountability reports to board and staff
- Direct donor acknowledgement campaigns
- Oversee donor relations
- Cultivate prospective donors and provide stewardship for gifts received
- Supervise updates to donor files
- Produce annual report
- Develop and promote annual membership categories and benefits
- Perform community presentations
- Manage donor database activities
- Direct staff responsible for data entry, gift processing and acknowledgement
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, participants, employer, and staff
Measures for Success
To be successful in this position, the employee must:
- Meet annual fundraising goals
- Develop exceptional insight into donors and their giving patterns
- Increase foundation and corporate understanding and support
- Establish valuable support systems for campaigns
- Maximize use of Raiser's Edge as a fundraising tool
- Demonstrate vision and creativity to promote agency
- Bring volunteers, sponsors and staff together to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrate good judgment of volunteer capabilities
- Exhibit excellent budgeting skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required, professional certification preferred; Five years experience with increasing responsibility in charitable fund development and public relations; Demonstrated success in meeting annual fund goals and development management; Strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising; Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook software. Google platform and Apple products are the agency standard. Proficiency in Raiser's Edge preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, three references and contact information to:
Subject: Development Director
Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa
Hardesty Arts Center
101 E Archer Ave
Tulsa, OK 74103
Attn: Development Director
No phone calls
Posted Date August 29, 2014
Submission Deadline September 26, 2014
Start Date November 3, 2014
September 2, 2014