Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
Field of Interest
General Description: An exciting and dynamic opportunity providing overall leadership to the development and communication activities at Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) to maximize the organization’s philanthropic support and partner engagement. Based in Rockville, Maryland, MCCH is a 501(c)(3) organization that leads efforts to end homelessness in our community in Montgomery County, Maryland. www.mcch.net
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and manages all development and communications programs for the organization, ensuring consistency with the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors to create and implement a long-term development plan to guide growth in resource development activities and ensure the organization’s sustainability.
- Develops and implements an annual development plan to meet income needs for each fiscal year. Incorporates a range of fundraising strategies into each annual campaign including direct mail, workplace giving, special events, membership program, and grantseeking,
- Supervises team of development staff who focus on major gifts, strategic partnerships, grants management, volunteer management, in-kind donation solicitation, special events, community outreach and communications.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to plan and implement communication activities in alignment with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Oversees the organization’s communications activities including media relations, maintenance and development of the organization’s website, listservs, and social media; and the production of newsletters, annual reports, and other marketing materials.
- Ensures proper collection and tracking of development and communications related data. Works with MCCH staff and Board of Directors to cultivate relationships with current and potential funders and partners.
- Researches, determines and implements new fundraising and communications strategies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate degree in nonprofit management, development, marketing, or related field preferred.
- At least five years of progressively responsible development and/or communications experience in a nonprofit organization, including three years in a supervisory role. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills; highly organized, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys contributing as a team player and has a commitment to social justice and poverty solutions.
- Functional knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of fundraising, grantseeking, marketing, and public relations.
- Grant and proposal writing experience.
- Ability to manage and maintain fiscal accountability.
- Familiarity with using Twitter and Facebook as advocacy and outreach tools.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to speak effectively before large and small groups.
July 1, 2014